A follow-up on my post from the other day. I told you nine things about me. One of them was a lie.
1. Speaking of tagging, in college, some friends and I once spray painted something nasty about a coach on a big rock near one of the college’s fields. The only thing is we misspelled her name. True. I don't want to say her real name -- in case she's not dead yet -- but let's just say we wrote "Smoth Sucks" when her name was Smith.
2. For close to two years, I ran a survey research center which, among other projects, conducted 8,000 40-minute telephone interviews with people throughout the United States. The subject? Sex. True. And I'm constantly amazed at the level of detail people will give you. Amazed. And a bit frightened, actually.
3. I blew the whistle on a top executive at a company I worked for because I felt he was a dishonest bastard who needed to be stopped. True. Sadly, nothing happened to him until a new bastard was put in charge and Bastard #1 was fired. All of which leads me to conclude that, yes, the devil you know is better than the one you don't.
4. None of my pregnancies could be considered planned. True. Well, at least not planned by Pete or me.
5. When I moved to Hawaii, I toyed with changing my name to P.J., but I settled on going with Patty with a “y” rather than the “i" I had been using. True. But, Melanie, I never, ever put a heart over the "i"!
6. I saw “Star Wars” at a late-night showing on its opening day. And I saw it for free. True. The only catch was the people I was with had to clean up the vomit in the men's restroom. Thank God no women got sick!
7. For some of my friends, I was the kid who their parents tried to stop them from hanging out with in high school. True. And less because I was a smoking, drinking, stroner and more because my parents were divorcing. You know, ladies and gentlemen, divorce is not something you can pick up from a toilet seat.
8. I kissed Bruce Springsteen in a bar on the Jersey Shore in the summer of 1980. Sniff, sniff, sniff. False. My frickin' friend Lori did. Bitch.
9. By the end of my freshman year of college, I was one of only two known virgins in my 100-person dormitory. True. But noticed I didn't say anything about any time beyond freshman year.
Qtpies7 was almost correct. Except she gets dinged for misspelling Bruce's name. The horror!! (Please see #1.) And a reader at Maya's Mom -- Shay Shay -- also got it right.