Thanks, Jolene, for tagging me for the 8 Random Facts/Habits About Me meme. [No, the "thanks" isn't dripping with sarcasm. Or is it?] Here we go.
1. Each player must post these rules first.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. Tagged people post their eight things and these rules.
4. End your post by ‘tagging’ eight new people to play.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog for these instructions.
1. I am allergic to mushrooms. No, I don’t know what kind of mushrooms. I only know that on the two occasions I have consumed mushrooms, I had an intense allergic reaction. No, I am not interested in trying different types to find out which ones I can eat and which ones I cannot eat.
2. I am allergic to spiders. No, I don’t know what kind of spiders. I only know that on the four occasions I have been bitten by spiders, I had an intense allergic reaction. No, I am not interested in being bitten by different types to find out which ones I can let live and which ones I should kill.
3. I always considered myself a watcher of television, but that is no longer true. I don’t think I ever watch more than 15 or 30 minutes of TV on any given day. I don’t miss it. In fact, I think I may need to get a “Shoot Your Television” bumper sticker.
4. I would, except I am not a believer in bumper stickers. One has to be fervent about something before putting a bumper sticker on her car. (Or at least I would have to be.) So, in my whole life, I’ve had just one bumper sticker on a car I have owned. What did it say? SPRINGSTEEN.
5. I’ve been an SAHM for just over a year now, and I’m amazed at how little I accomplish in a given day, a given week or even a given month. I thought I would have a cleaner house, a more organized life and a book or two written. I’ve failed on all three counts. I blame blogging!
6. By the time I was in high school, my mother was a Realtor, and I loved going with her to view houses. Most Sundays nowadays, you can find me and the eldest, and sometimes the other two kids, going to open houses. We go in and talk (loudly) about who would get which room, etc. They’ve learned to fake their way through any approaches by the real estate agents holding the open houses.
7. I have driven across the United States four times. Once as a child with my family; once in a drive-away car with my boyfriend at the time; and twice alone, taking my brother’s car from Florida to New Jersey to California and then from California to Florida upon his return from his posting in Turkey.
8. If at any point I had been forced to enter a beauty pageant, I would have had no talent to display for that portion of the pageant. I play no musical instruments. I don’t dance. I can’t sing (in tune). I can’t twirl a baton or juggle. I can bend my pinkie without the ring finger moving, but I don’t consider that a talent. It’s more a parlor trick.
I’m supposed to tag eight people, but I’m not going to because, really, I stink at this blogging community thingie. If you want to do it, let me know, and I’ll link to you.