Tuesday, September 25, 2007
10 Things I Have Been Putting Off
1. Going to see a dentist about my chipped crown on one side of the mouth and the loose crown on the other side. Why? Well, money, I suppose, to a very slight degree. Really, truly why? Because I always cause a flare-up with my neck after seeing the dentist. And I don’t want that pain. The dental pain? Whatever. I can plow through that. It’s the neck pain after the fact that has me putting this off for months now.
2. Changing the set up with my bank on my checking and savings accounts. What will it entail? Going into the bank and taking 5, 10 minutes out of my busy, busy life.
3. Replying to emails to several people I adore because I never seem to find the right words or the right time. And so now it’s so embarrassing to have not replied earlier.
4. Going through the “special” clothes of the first two, when I couldn’t bear to part with anything so precious. Now, I know I won’t save but an outfit or two. Third taught me that.
5. Going through the hellhole that is the “secret room,” where youngest plays and demolishes weekly, and where I have stored way too many must-keeps from the kids’ childhood. I’ve got to slash and burn, folks, as I feel overrun with stuff.
6. Reading. Reading. Reading.
How liberating it is to know I really haven’t been putting off that much. With the exception of #6, which I want to incorporate into my lifestyle, I bet I can polish off at least one of these things each week. I’m going to do it.
[Go see what others should really be doing at Ten on Tuesday. And don’t forget to play this week’s Jump One, Jump Twosday. Click here or scroll down to the next post.]
I'm feeding off the title of my last post, which I think has been more than a year ago. I won't be doing this again. But today, ...
As an infant, we have the power to induce love and tenderness in the toughest of men and women. As a young child, we have the power to soar ...
Something is happening in my life right now that I waver between sharing and keeping to myself. And I say I waver only because I’m a firm be...