I’ve waited how long to do this meme? Well, let’s see, it’s called “Four on the Fourth,” and it’s now the 18th. Oops. Oh, wait a minute. I’ll title this “Four on the Fourteenth Plus Four.” Heh. Thanks to one of my latest heroes, Alpha Dogma, for the tag.
Four Jobs I've Had
1. Running a telephone center where our main project was completing 8,000 40-minute telephone interviews on sexual habits and preferences. Oh, baby, the stories I could tell.
2. Director of Media and Public Relations for the San Francisco Chronicle. Oh, baby, the stories I could tell about that gig.
3. 7-11 store clerk. Guy came in one day and asked for prophylactics. I didn’t know what the hell he was asking for. He said the word again, slowly. I still didn’t get it. He finally said “rubbers,” and I blushed mightily and handed him one of the tastier ones. (Nah, that last part of the sentence I made up.)
4. Writing obituaries for the Trenton Times. If I hadn’t already been a cold-hearted bitch, that would have pushed me to it.
Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over
1. Heart & Souls. My love of Robert Downey, Jr., knows no bounds.
2. Billy Elliott. I love that movie. I’ve watched it at least a half-dozen times.
3. Love, Actually. Colin Firth. I love you, Colin!
4. Flushed Away. Yeah, I’m childish, but that is one heck of an animated movie.
Four TV Shows I Like – Reality Version
1. Sorry, it’s not that I don’t like television, but I rarely get to watch it, so I don’t ever get to reality TV. Unless we count America’s Funniest Videos. AFV is a must-watch in our household. Yeah, further proof we’re cruel, laughing at fools’ expense.
2. News. The penultimate reality TV show.
3. ADVERTISE HERE!
4. AND ADVERTISE HERE, TOO!
Four TV Shows I Like – Non-reality Version
1. Quantum Leap. Hey, we don’t have to pick from the current crop!
2. The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
3. Everybody Loves Raymond.
Four Places I've Gone on Vacation
1. Three-week cross-country vacation with the family as a kid, culminating in a cruise from San Francisco to my dad’s new post in Hawaii.
2. Club Med Cancun. All right, I didn’t always have such great taste.
3. Two-week camping vacation of the Western United States, Calgary and Vancouver.
4. Manchester, England. Too many times to count. It’s where the husband hails from, you know. [You did know that, right?]
Four Favorite Foods
1. Galaxy Minstrels. British.
2. Fruit Pastilles. Ditto.
3. Galaxy chocolate bars. Ditto.
4. Maltesers. Ditto.
Four Web sites I Visit Daily
1. SFGate.com. The online San Francisco Chronicle.
2. Wikipedia. I am always finding myself there.
4. Bub and Pie.
Four Places I Would Rather Be
1. Puerto Nuevo with my husband and lobster.
2. In bed with my husband (but not a lobster).
4. Gambling in an Indian casino (because Vegas is too damn far away and Reno is just kind of icky).
Four Bloggers I Tag
1. ChichiMama at A Day in the Life
2. Mitzh at Gumdrops and Bubble Thoughts
3. Gina at Just Another Day
4. Jolene at The Middling Monettes
Great, another four bloggers who will soon ask me to stop reading their blogs so they don’t get tagged!