1. Name one person who made you laugh last night. My youngest son. He makes me laugh out loud all the time.
2. What were you doing at 0800? I was in the car with the kids and my visiting best friend, who wowed the kids by driving her rental cherry red Mustang.
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? I was down at the field with my youngest, running my dog's ass ragged.
4. What happened to you in 2006? I quit my job and got the chance to stay home with the kids.
5. What was the last thing you said out loud? "Use the nice towel, the one we save for guests."
6. How many beverages did you have today? So far, one can of Diet Coke and I'm working on a Super Big Gulp of Diet Coke.
7. What color is your hairbrush? No brush. I have a comb. It's blue.
8. What was the last thing you paid for? A Super Big Gulp of Diet Coke, a pack of donuts (for the youngest), a candy (for the oldest), a banana and a bag of dried mangoes.
9. Where were you last night? At home with the kids, the husband and the best friend. Twister and Candy Land and beauty salon and reading Nancy Drew aloud were some of the fun activities.
10. What color is your front door? An ugly brown which, sadly, goes with the rest of the house.
11. Where do you keep your change? Until three nights ago, in a big jar. Three nights ago, the daughter broke it and slashed her finger. The next day, off to the grocery store to redeem the cash for an Amazon credit. How much? $360. Yeah, that'll help for Christmas.
12. What’s the weather like today? Clear as can be, inching up to 75 degrees.
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor? Vanilla. I know, how boring am I?
14. What excites you? My husband, very much. And Bruce Springsteen. Ask me where I'm going the next two nights? Yeah, BRUCE!
15. Do you want to cut your hair? Nope.
16. Are you over the age of 25? Let's put it this way, if I had birthed a child when I was 25, that child would now be of legal drinking age.
17. Do you talk a lot? Way too much. Can't you tell?
18. Do you watch the O.C.? Nope.
19. Do you know anyone named Steven? My brother. A good friend. A former good friend.
20. Do you make up your own words? To what? To songs? Yeah, I've a whole bunch of silly songs. It's a tradition started by my whacked-out dad.
21. Are you a jealous person? Only of perfect mothers.
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’. Angelina.
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’. Ken, as in Pete's Uncle Ken, a wonderful man.
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? The elementary school's computer man extraordinaire.
25. What does the last text message you received say? What is this "text message" of which you speak?
26. Do you chew on your straw? Nope.
27. Do you have curly hair? Nope.
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to? Target for a travel Scrabble game so my best friend and I can play while we wait for BRUCE!
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? Me. I'm totally rude.
30. What was the last thing you ate? Last night I had a Dove bar. Yummmmmm.
31. Will you get married in the future? Perish the thought.
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks? On Golden Pond. On Demand.
33. Is there anyone you like right now? You mean "like like" or "like"? If "like like," my husband. And BRUCE!
34. When was the last time you did the dishes? Last night. My best friend did the dishes this morning while I ran the dog's ass ragged down at the field.
35. Are you currently depressed? Nope. BRUCE!
36. Did you cry today? Nope. But the day is young.
37. Why did you answer and post this? I'm a sucker for memes. As a recovering Catholic, guilt is a strong motivator.
38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey. Go to hell. You can't make me. However, if you've read this far and you'd like to be tagged, go for it. Send a note back to me, and I'll link back to you 'cause I know your type. You're all about the links. Yeah, you, you know you are.