1. Bruce. Springsteen. Front. Row. Center. I. Can. Now. Die. Content.
2. That first Wondering? I was just going to take up all ten points and put one word in each. Yeah, I was front row center for last night's concert in Oakland. And, yeah, I've now done everything I've wanted to do with my life.
3. So, two concerts in two nights, and what was of interest? He owns so many people. It is mind-boggling.
4. The first night, the odd man next to me was trying to read by cell phone, in between bursts of fist pumped in the air and "BRUUUUUUUUCE" spilling from his lips.
5. Bruce is 58. And he gets away with writing a new song about girls in their summer clothes. Women that age wouldn't get away with writing about nice young boys. And, really, what does his teen-ager daughter think of it?
6. My husband, on the way home last night, says, "You've gone five hours without using the bathroom. I don't think I've ever known you to go that long." He's right, of course, but I likened the phenomenon to an out of body experience. I ignored all urges, except those involving worshipping and singing and dancing and, yes, fist pumping.
7. My body now officially hates me. The back has been terrible for close to a week now. X-rays on Wednesday and doctor on Friday. The doctor gave me a shot, and she told me to not aggravate it. It is now very aggravated.
8. But it is precisely because of the injection and the back pain that I ended up front row center. Walking to the ticket line, chatting with a fellow fanatic, I told him to slow down because I couldn't walk that fast. Turns out, he knows the man in charge of letting people into the pit. Unbeknownst to me, my new friend pointed me out to the man, who found me and told me he'd take care of me if I got picked to go to the pit. I did. He did. Front. Row. Center.
9. I felt quite like George Bush must feel -- if he ever feels such things -- as I was hated by thousands of people last night. Front. Row. Center.
10. He was phenomenal. He always has been. And I can now die content. [But I hope I don't die anytime soon!]
A couple of months ago, I saw a client I hadn't seen for a number of months. Like more than a dozen people have in the recent past, she ...
As an infant, we have the power to induce love and tenderness in the toughest of men and women. As a young child, we have the power to soar ...
Something is happening in my life right now that I waver between sharing and keeping to myself. And I say I waver only because I’m a firm be...