The bonus Ten on Tuesday earlier this week – duh, on Tuesday – was a list of the 10 things we’re thankful for. I thought it best to do the bonus today.
1. My siblings. Much as I despised them as I was growing up – and, trust me, I did – I am grateful that I have them all. My older brother has stepped up to the plate in many ways, and that’s never been more apparent than when my mom had surgery last week.
2. My mom. I love her as much as I love as I love myself. The fact that her surgery last week went spectacularly well, that her prognosis is fabulous, and that she’s safe and sound at home fills me with so much gratitude.
3. My husband. He had me from the moment he said my name. I know he is as thankful for me as I am for him.
4. My kids. They are often annoying creeps, but they are my annoying creeps. And any attempts at articulating the love I have for them always fall flat. So I will just say I am beyond grateful that I have been blessed with these three annoying creeps.
5. My ability to not work for a living. I did it. I loved it. I thrived. I was great. But I have never regretted a moment of leaving it all behind to be there for the mundane existence I now have.
6. My life. There have been so many close calls that I know about and closer calls that I don’t, yet here I am, aging. I might not be aging gracefully, but I am aging. I didn’t drown when I was 9, cause multiple deaths when I was a teenager, or crash when that plane was surely going down in ’92. I’m here, wrinkles and all.
7. My husband being British. Were he not, I would not be enjoying pounds and pounds of the good stuff. (Chocolate, I mean!)
8. Bruce Springsteen. He touches me deep within my being. And he’s coming back to the area in April. Woo-hoo!
9. My F&B friends. I can count the number on one hand, but I would be much worse off without them in my lives. Truly.
10. An outlet. This blog keeps me thinking, creating, interacting, involved. What’s not to be thankful for?
What is the common element of all of these? God. It is He who has given me all of this.