Thanks to Toni at A Tale of Two Kiddies for the tag on the 7 Unique Things meme. I’ll do my best to not lay bare parts of my essence which I’ve bared before.
1. A confirmed Springsteen fanatic, I once flew into Chicago to see his show. Hanging out in the hotel lobby with my best friend, who had flown in from the East Coast to see Springsteen, in walks Springsteen, schlepping his guitar and going up to his room.
2. In my crazier youth, my best friend and I got a line on where Springsteen lived – this was long before we was married – and left notes in his mailbox. One drive-by, I really had to pee. Went into the bushes. Poison ivy. I’ll just leave it at that.
3. My first airplane trip was from Hawaii to Boston. I was 12.
4. My first Greyhound bus trip was from Washington, D.C., to San Francisco. I was 21.
5. I bought a sweater from Esprit in 1986. I wear it every night around the house until I go to bed. If my sweater were a person, it would be of legal drinking age.
6. In the old days of my misspent youth, the drinking age for alcohol other than beer and wine was 18 in the state next to mine. We would go for hour-long drives while seniors in high school in order to buy booze.
7. I have never worn make-up. I never will. I guess I’ll have to write that into my will so the undertaker doesn’t purty me up for any services.
Whom should I tag? Whom should I (potentially) annoy the crap out of? I really wish I read some blogs by people I hate because I’d tag them now. Alas, I don’t. Oh, I know! I’ll just not tag anyone. Yes, I will be the sole person responsible for the breaking of this tag. I shall break the entire blogosphere; nay, the entire Internet itself.
Alternatively, you could tag yourself, and leave a comment here that says you did, and I will go and read your wonderful unique things and bask in the glory of our shared uniquity. Or do I mean a den of inequity?
The rules of this are: 1. Link to your tagger and post rules. 2. Share 7 facts about yourself, some random and some weird. 3. Tag 7 people at the end of the post and list their names. 4. Let them know they were tagged by a comment on their blog.