Or it’s called something like that. I’m supposed to do seven weird, random things about me. But I saw someone else’s response to this tag, and I liked what she did. Having talked incessantly about myself – and, hey, it’s all weird and random here – I thought I’d give you the random lowdown on my husband. And, since I always do 10 items for my Weekly Wonderings, I’m going to 10 random things instead of 7. ‘Cause if I’m going to tick him off for telling his secrets, I might as well go all the way.
Thanks to Amy at Every Day with the Kellys and Transplanting Me for the tags on this.
1. He had angioplasty when our oldest kids were pretty darn young. And then he had another one. And then he had another one after the second one failed.
2. He once won a car for some period of time based on writing an advertising jingle. What’s amazing in particular about this is that he has even fewer creative bones in his body than I do.
3. And as a CFO, it’s all about not being creative, at least about reporting numbers, isn’t it?
4. He has lived in as many countries as I have lived in states. My states: Nebraska, Massachusetts, Virginia, Hawaii, New Jersey and California. His countries: England, Holland, China, Hong Kong (before being handed back over to China), Malaysia, United States.
5. While in China, he attended many a banquet where he was the guest of honor. The reason for this? He was the only non-Chinese around to honor.
6. His father died the day John Lennon was killed.
7. Every year, he hangs upside down from the roof to hang the Christmas lights.
8. Every year, he hangs upside down from the roof to take down the Christmas lights.
9. He is a way better cook than I am.
10. While his ironing skills are unmatched by anyone else in the household, his laundry skills bite.
Now, regarding tagging anyone? Yeah, not going to happen. As I’ve repeatedly said, it’s my goal to single-handedly cause the blogosphere to implode. I like doing memes. I just don’t like the chain letter part of them.
Last year, when I dropped a bunch of weight with zero effort on my part and I was convinced I had some horrible disease that would be the en...
As an infant, we have the power to induce love and tenderness in the toughest of men and women. As a young child, we have the power to soar ...
Something is happening in my life right now that I waver between sharing and keeping to myself. And I say I waver only because I’m a firm be...