1. Am I the only one out there who actually kind of enjoys when one of her children is ill? Youngest was sick the first part of the week, and it was so peaceful.
2. I knew the worst had passed when he awoke bright-eyed and bushy-tailed on Wednesday, having slept for 16 or 17 hours on both Monday and Tuesday.
3. One word to describe my root canal on Tuesday afternoon. Oh-my-God-but-that-hurts-so-flippin'-much.
4. However, as Pete notes, I can now be called the Terminator. This, after the dentist "disclosed" that part of a titanium file she was using broke off in one of the roots.
5. I haven't done any Google searches yet to see if that is something which I can sue to recover pain and suffering damages on.
6. My sister is a lawyer, but her specialty is contract negotiations (of the entertainment variety). I doubt personal injury falls under that.
7. I am not oblivious to the fact that I, too, cringed whenever a well meaning fellow passenger offered something up in order for me to shut a crying baby of mine up.
8. That didn't stop me from offering some Goldfish crackers to the hysterical 19-month-old boy a few aisles up.
9. Do two rudes make a right? A guy came barreling around us as we walked down the jetway to the plane. I commented loudly about how someone must be in a real hurry to get in line to get onboard. When we were waiting in a 20-person deep line behind Mr. Rude, one of the kids asked me who was the best behaved. I said the one who wasn't cutting in line. Mr. Rude turned around and said, "Do you want to go in front of me," rudely like. I said, "No, you're clearly in a hurry." In a not unexpected twist of fate, Mr. Rude is sitting in the row in front of me.
10. That reminds me of story of our air travel right after they reopened the airports after 9/11. (We had been vacationing in Delaware.) The American ticket supervisor was advising a man on how to shove his Swiss Army knife deep in his pocket to try to get it onboard. I said, "Could you at least see how big the knife is before you tell him how to smuggle it on?" Guy decided to check it with his baggage. Mr. Knife Wielder sat in front of us on our flight.