1. Helping out a third grade class in the computer lab Monday, I was teaching them how to make acrostics with their names. Quite-full-of-himself Neil failed to see the irony in the fact that his “I” word was Intelijent.
2. When I was a kid, my family of seven survived in a one-bathroom home for five years. We planned ahead, in my day. Not so around here. Daughter appears to only have to really, really, really pee when Pete is showering in one bathroom and Eldest is showering in the other.
3. Major preparations underway this week in preparing for a site visit for the Distinguished School Award. One of the “thank yous” extended include “bathroom rejuvenation.”
4. Unfortunately, no one took me up on my idea to request the parents of the two most notorious kids in school call the kids in sick that day.
5. Thankfully, one was going on a field trip. The other? At least the mother took him off campus for lunch.
6. Hey, we all have skeletons in our closets, right?
7. There is no more apt of an observation than SpongeBob’s “Pest of the West” comes out on DVD on Youngest’s birthday.
8. “You are banned from the play room for the rest of the day,” I tell Youngest. “What does ‘banned’ mean?”
9. What awakened us this morning at 6:49 a.m.? Daughter and Youngest bickering. Why were they bickering? Youngest sat in Dana’s seat. Who is Dana? Daughter’s Webkinz dog.
10. Never the optimist, I’m predicting a 6:42 a.m. wake-up fight Sunday.