1. Honestly, Tom Ridge could have come up with a better "scoring" system for my Youngest's first grade class. Everyone starts on green each day. Fine. Misbehave, and your card gets turned to orange. Outrageously misbehave, and your card gets turned to purple (and you saunter down to the principal).
2. Behave magnificently, better than a first grade teacher could ask for, and your card gets turned to white, described as being the best color to be.
3. I don't know. Sounds kind of racist to me. Like Crayola's peach color formerly called "flesh."
4. Youngest is remarkably well behaved in school. I say "remarkably" because, well, you know how much I really believe he is demon spawn in real life. But in school life, he's a leader, a helper, one of the good guys.
5. But he's maintained his humorous streak. To wit: he's dubbed two of the boys in his class "gold medalists" because they've had their cards turned to orange so many times. Heh heh heh. Six-year-old humor.
6. You know how many solicitations I get via email each day from publicists telling me about the latest, greatest thing they'd like me to blog about? Yeah, not that many, but enough to annoy me, particularly when the items being squawked about are so not me.
7. For example, how about the NEW! Evian Les Petits: mini water bottles "especially made for kids and their little hands." Yes, let's start teaching 'em young about wasting resources with plastic bottles.
8. And while we're at it, how about sending me information on clotheslines that cost $200! Yeah, that'll save me money. Yeah, breeze dry away.
9. I'm thinking these folks pimpin' these products aren't actually hoping for these kind of endorsements.
10. But my favorite is the appeal I got to pimp casinos, which said, in part, "You can write it on your own journalistic style but don't give negative comment about the keywords given to you. Hateful or rude review will be declined and please don't mention that the post is a sponsored one or placed it in any category that is called sponsored paid." Yeah, let me get on that right away.