1. Ever try to make a PB&J with just one hand? Not easy, folks. But a lot easier than washing dishes with one hand.
2. The image I have in my head of the "friends" surrounding Daughter as they tell her she received just four votes for Student Council president? The hyenas circling Scar in "The Lion King."
3. It brings to mind her first day of daycare/preschool. I looked at the window at the other kids playing hard and thought, "I'm throwing her to the wolves."
4. She was miserable. I pulled her and her brother after five times.
5. On another subject, and with no segue, is it strange that I don't sign my name at the end of emails to friends?
6. Again, segue-less, let me share that I have decided to grow my hair long again and donate it to Locks of Love. I've done this twice before, giving 14 inches the first time and 11 the next. I cut my hair very short the last time, and I've kept it that way for nearly three years now.
7. The kids mourned the loss of my long hair, but I didn't. I thought my new cut was smashing. I've enjoyed not being required to tend to my hair all this time.
8. But I've put off getting a hair cut for about six, seven weeks now. And it occurred to me that I could just grow it out again. Perhaps for the last time. Perhaps not.
9. I've been blessed with my father's genes when it comes to very little gray hairs even though I'm rapidly aging.
10. Of course, I've been cursed with his genes when it comes to having quite hairy arms and the family "sweat." Yin and yang, I guess.