1. Trying to catch up on my Bloglines, having "fallen behind" in my reading, I realize I should delete a few blogs.
2. Those are the ones where I express disappointment that there's another new post (or 10) which I need to wade through.
3. Why "fallen behind" in quotes? What, is it a job, reading blogs? Is there a deadline?
4. Kat Wilder used the term "cougar" and I had no idea what it meant. And I'm an old lady, presumably someone who could be a cougar if, in fact, I were not happily married.
5. Last night was the big Father/Daughter dance at the elementary school. It will be Daughter's last. I do believe Pete is grateful for that.
6. I was one of seven mothers organizing it. Let me just say that if you're ever involved in putting one of these shindigs on, don't bother with the veggies and dip tray and the cheese and crackers tray.
7. Just stick with the chocolate fountain. And double up your order of mini-marshmallows and Red Vines. And napkins.
8. One father arrived and asked me if I had any ice. I said I did, but only if it was for some Jack Daniels. What did he pull out? A smallish bottle of Jack. Can I call it or what?
9. I should have thought to have Pete bring some scotch.
10. Eldest was left in charge of Youngest for the two hours Pete and Daughter were at the dance. Youngest behaved, although he was worried about me. Tucking him in Friday night I told him he needn't have worried as he knew where I was. His response, "Well, Eldest and I decided we would call Dad at 9. If he didn't answer, we would know you guys were either on your way home, dead or captured."