1. Eldest's first middle school band concert was a week ago. He had warned us that the beginner band's pieces were horrid. The lad definitely understands the concept of setting expectations low.
2. Given I have no talent, I was actually quite impressed. Of course, I've been known to enjoy lounge shows, so there you have it.
3. I did wonder, during the concert, if the parents of one of the kids would proudly tell people, puffing up with pride, "My kid plays cymbals in the sixth grade band."
4. Not that I could play them, mind you.
5. Memo to self: Don't say, "See you later, Dumbass" to the dog on your way out the door to church. Your Eldest might think you're talking to him.
6. Another memo to self: When at church, don't call the lady priest's dog "rat dog" in front of the very precocious 4-year-old boy right before the children's service.
7. He'll repeat it.
8. In front of the lady priest.
9. Final memo to self: Consider upping your tithe to the church.
10. Perhaps that will get me back on the right side of things there.