1. Last Thursday, someone asked me the date, and I answered, "January 22 or Day 3 of Obama."
2. That got me thinking: exactly how long will our brains -- okay, my brain -- have me make that connection? I figure it will stop sooner than the ease of doing the math will end.
3. Then I saw a button on someone's blog which is tracking the days. Oops, now I'll maybe just know for the length of his term. Blech.
4. How come when I'm out and about and waiting for long periods of time during the day, I forget to bring a book to read?
5. Because that book that is in my purse -- a Magic Treehouse edition -- really doesn't cut it.
6. Just to add insult to injury, I scheduled my annual mammogram in the midst of all the other health crap going on for me.
7. Did you know that my super fab, fairly spankin' new local hospital schedules mammograms as late as 8:40 p.m.? I didn't know either, but that was when my appointment was earlier this week.
8. But if your mammogram shows something funky, you have to go during regular hours when the radiologist is there. So guess where I'll be Tuesday morning?
9. Now, now, don't worry. I'm not really worried. I'm sure it's totally innocuous, the re-check.
10. The fact is, they wanted me to come in Monday morning at 9:30 a.m. Sorry, Springsteen tickets for opening night of his tour go on sale at 10 a.m. Dude, priorities, right?