1. Overheard from Youngest one day: I think I like Dad as my father instead of Ed Flanders.
2. Yeah, he's seen The Simpsons Movie about a dozen times. Yeah, he's only six. Do you have a point?
3. Oh, you think I might be *partially* to blame for his demonic behavior?
4. How many chargers does a family of five have to bring with them for a long weekend away? Nine. Plus two USB connectors.
5. Isn't that just totally pitiful?
6. I mentioned Daughter was in the school's talent show last week. Sadly, the talent show is treated precisely as all recreational sports are treated around here.
7. Just like "everyone is a winner" and "we don't keep score" in baseball or soccer or basketball, "everyone has talent" in elementary school.
8. I'm not suggesting we need Simon Cowell, per se, but even a sober Paula Abdul would be of at least some service.
9. Lacking a talent for segues, I'll just wonder this: If you're playing Hangman with your six-year-old son in church, is it sacrilegious to use a cross instead of a gallows?
10. And, so as to not leave on such a I-am-condemned-to-hell-note, let me point out to the fellow parent in front of me the other day: Blowing through the Stop sign near the school? You don't make up for it by slamming on your brakes 75 yards away.
A couple of months ago, I saw a client I hadn't seen for a number of months. Like more than a dozen people have in the recent past, she ...
As an infant, we have the power to induce love and tenderness in the toughest of men and women. As a young child, we have the power to soar ...
Something is happening in my life right now that I waver between sharing and keeping to myself. And I say I waver only because I’m a firm be...