1. Should I really giggle when I read that one of the searchers landed on my blog looking for the phrase "time heels all wounds"? Or does that make me seem condescending?
2. I know it's "time heals all wounds," of course. And isn't it "Time wounds all heels?"
3. Or do wronged women just say that to make themselves feel slightly better?
4. How out of it I am? One of Youngest's friends has taken to calling his, um, you know, privates his "toolbox."
5. I practically spit out my drink when my friend told me that one.
6. How freely do I use the term "friend"? Far too freely, I'm afraid. I found myself clarifying with the aforementioned friend, mom of toolbox boy, that another person I was referring to wasn't actually a friend of mine.
7. Which got me thinking: are there really that many people in my life whom I would call "friend" and not feel the need to explain she/he was really just someone I knew? I do a mental count, and I think I arrive at something like five or six people whom I genuinely consider "current" friends.
8. You're thinking that explains why I blog, eh?
9. I imagine it does.
10. Well, that and the facial deformity.