1. Shook down a bunch of mothers at the fifth grade pool party Tuesday. We raised money all year to pay for the kids' meals and outing, but we charged the parents $10 each for their meal.
2. You know how many didn't pay ahead of time, likely anticipating they'd be able to just sidle on in, nobody the wiser? More than 10.
3. Confronted, one at a time, seven coughed up the $10 each. The other four or so steered clear of the food tables.
4. Can I tell you how much I enjoyed shaking them down? So totally much. TOTALLY!
5. It was then that I realized it's time to let go. Clearly, I've too much in the self-righteousness department as I'm so into trying to "right wrongs."
6. How's about some non-angry wonderings? Daughter's BFF has been away from the elementary school for all of 16 months. I gave her a copy of the promotion video. Her mom's reaction? "Man, I can't get over how much those kids have changed in a year+! It's like when you watch the next Harry Potter movie and they've gotten all big and hairy."
7. No, none of the fifth graders sport visible hair growth aside from that on the top of their heads, but she's nailed it precisely.
8. Not angry, this, just curiosity. What makes someone send an email asking about where to drop off used printer cartridges and toners one hour before school lets out? For the school year?
9. For all the lengths people took to call the ceremony a "Promotion" and not a "Graduation," Daughter's event sure had all the trappings of a graduation: processional in, Pledge of Allegiance, speakers, handshakes with the principal while certificates were given out, photo opportunity, processional out.
10. Must be a duck, eh?
*Ancient proverb says "If it walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck."
A couple of months ago, I saw a client I hadn't seen for a number of months. Like more than a dozen people have in the recent past, she ...
As an infant, we have the power to induce love and tenderness in the toughest of men and women. As a young child, we have the power to soar ...
Something is happening in my life right now that I waver between sharing and keeping to myself. And I say I waver only because I’m a firm be...