1. "Mom! Mom! I just blew a bubble gum bubble!"
2. Running up to the dining room to show me her new-found skill, Daughter blows a bubble big and bold...and out of her mouth.
3. "Do you think it's still edible?" she wonders, staring at the bubble sticking to my arm hair.
4. I got an email from a woman whose daughter used to go to the same school as my very own Daughter. I recall her daughter being a snooty mean girl who treated Daughter shabbily on several occasions.
5. [This is where I have mixed feelings on Daughter's inability to recognize snubs and mean girls being mean to her. On the one hand, it spares her feelings. On the other hand, I hate her continuing to be nice to these girls.]
6. Anyway, I must be in the mother's email address book next to someone who actually gives a shit about her because I got an email saying: I finally ordered the NY book I made from the Dec 08 trip and thought you might get a kick out of seeing it. There was a link to the Costco MyPublisher site.
7. Now, I know she can't possibly think I could give a rat's ass about her trip. Clearly, it was a mistake. But I looked anyway because...it was like passing a wreck on the side of the road. You shouldn't look. But you look.
8. Everything about it screamed at me, "Oh, yes, this is why her daughter is her daughter. AHA!"
9. I sent her a note saying she must have made a mistake. She replied, "Yes. Sorry." I haven't deleted the book yet because it really does make me laugh.
10. Want to see it? How "mean girl" of me would it be to post the Book ID and password? I know. I know. I'm just sayin'.
[Photo from i.ehow.com.]