1. School days, Eldest sets his alarm for 6:30 a.m. Upon hearing said alarm, Corrie-the-wonder-mutt nudges and whines to be let out of Eldest's room to hunt for breakfast.
2. After completing the task, Eldest closes the door and crawls back into bed for more shut-eye. Secure in the knowledge that his mother will awaken him again in 15 or 20 minutes.
3. From this point on, I am going to see that as an opportunity to enjoy a few minutes of peaceful conversation with a pliable, agreeable sleepyhead rather than feed the annoyance I sometimes feel as I schlep down two flights of stairs to wake the lazy kid up because he can't hear me yell for him to get up because his damn door is shut.
4. I wrote the first three bullets earlier this week. I think I wrote them on Wednesday. Three school days worth of wake-up calls.
5. He hasn't kicked me out yet.
6. And I haven't bellowed.
8. Snippets from my Gmail this week: how come I'm sending myself emails about Viagra?
9. How come only Miley Cyrus beat out Marge Simpson in number of searches this week? Why aren't more people running searches on Jesse McCartney or Kevin Rose or Zach Braff?
10. How come you think I need vein treatment? Can you tell just be looking at my profile image?
A couple of months ago, I saw a client I hadn't seen for a number of months. Like more than a dozen people have in the recent past, she ...
As an infant, we have the power to induce love and tenderness in the toughest of men and women. As a young child, we have the power to soar ...
Something is happening in my life right now that I waver between sharing and keeping to myself. And I say I waver only because I’m a firm be...