1. I can't remember the last time I smoked pot. I know I haven't smoked it with any regularity since the first couple of years out of college.
2. The other night, having listened to a radio talk show guest host I know expounding on Obama's directive to stop going after medical marijuana distributors in states where it is legal, I dreamt I was smoking up a storm.
3. Don't lose the fact that it was a dream, folks, 'k.
4. But let me just say, "Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I remember."
5. This in no way means I won't continue to carry the Parenthood Party banner of "Don't Do Drugs."
6. Although, to be honest, I continue to refuse to engage in the brainwashing of baby-fat-carrying kids during Red Ribbon Week.
7. Along the same dream lines, I dreamt of a very wealthy (male) friend of mine the other night. [No, it wasn't one of those kinds of dreams. I don't waste dreams of those nature on anyone but Pete.]
8. I can pinpoint why I dreamt of him, too. It's because I'd just received an email from one of his organizations touting a damn good sale on beef raised at "his" ranch.
9. Which now makes me think of my neighbor, who was wondering what I had given to the new neighbors to welcome them to the neighborhood. [Wine, homemade bread and homemade cookies.]
10. When she bemoaned the fact that she was a vegan and, thus, wouldn't be able to enjoy the cookies, I began plotting how to lie to her and slip her some butter- and egg-laden cookies. I am bad. [I'll keep you apprised.]
[Photo courtesy HearstRanch.com.]