1. My doctor will be so proud of my new exercise regimen: 10 minutes playing basketball every weekday on the lower yard of the school.
2. I tell you, I am goooooooood. Particularly when I'm playing against a bunch of second and third graders.
3. By fourth grade, I'm no longer taller than the kids.
4. One of the drawbacks of playing, though? I got a bloody nose the other day. How many 50-year-old women can say they got a bloody nose shooting hoops?
5. Talk about causing nosebleeds, we're looking for a new car, ready to turn our behemoth back to the dealer at the end of the three-year lease. Can I just say that I'm not a huge fan of auto dealers?
6. There's the guy at the Toyota dealership who's nice enough, but he has no eyebrows. They're just penciled in.
7. I swear he does Botox, too.
8. Car sales must be for the young, as evidenced by that guy's attempts to look young and the very young tall, long-legged, gorgeous blonde who helped us at the Ford dealership.
9. If the prices weren't enough to send us away from Ford, the sales associate/finance guy did the trick when he called our salesperson "Sweetheart," and I said, "Don't you call her that. That just frosts my butt."
10. He tried to defend himself by saying he calls everybody that. Only he called the other sales guy leaving "Stan." Must be code for "Sweetheart."
I mentioned to Eldest the other night that I had a fairly wide open day Friday. Writer that he is, he wondered if I would perhaps like a wri...
I have asked my wife if I could be a “guest blogger” today. As most of you know, I have just had a triple bypass operation. In the grand sc...
As an infant, we have the power to induce love and tenderness in the toughest of men and women. As a young child, we have the power to soar ...