1. My husband couldn't resist forwarding me a joke making the Internet rounds:
This week we celebrate a special birthday. Monica Lewinsky turns 44. Can you believe it? It seems like only yesterday she was crawling around the White House on her hands and knees, putting everything in her mouth. They grow up so quickly, don't they?
2. My reaction? She's not 44. She was only 23 when that happened. That makes her only about 36.
3. Obviously, I have no sense of humor.
4. Sending a snarky email to someone -- no, not the one about Monica -- I get a auto reply back that says, in part, "I will be away and won#&39%t be able to reply to your message until November 22."
5. Funny, she usually keeps her cursing under control. Must be visiting in-laws.
6. You ever get the sense that someone is avoiding you, and you convince yourself that you must have done something to precipitate it?
7. Yeah, me too.
8. In NaNoWriMo news, I took the day "off" Thursday, opting instead to go on a field trip. With a bunch of sixth graders! To pick lettuce!
9. It's true, Daughter's sixth grade earth science class went to an organic farm in Bolinas to learn about sustainability and bio-diversity and gleaning.
10. "Gleaning" is my new favoritest word. I think I'll have to work a farmer or two into my novel, just to make the day not a total loss in the word count arena.
[Picture of The Gleaners by Jean Francois Millet courtesy OneSuffolk.co.uk.]