1. As evidenced by my rant yesterday, just because I'm paying attention to the good doesn't mean I'm not still getting some bad.
2. I also had a run-in with a collection agency yesterday morning. We've gone round and round for nearly two months now. I paid the bill. The hospital agrees I paid the bill. The collection agency got my account after I paid the bill. The collection agency rep I've spoken with says it's clear they got it in error.
3. And, yet, they want me to provide the proof of payment rather than have the collection agency and hospital billing office have a conversation.
4. 354°: After I hung up on the collection agency yet again, I talked to the hospital billing office. The nice lady there said, "Oh, there's a rep from the agency here right now. Hold on and I'll go talk to him." [Hold. Hold. Hold.] "You won't be bothered by them again. I'm so sorry about this."
5. Can I count as 8° that I didn't call the collection agency rep back and say, "Told you so, bitch"?
6. No, I can't.
7. So 8° will be Thursday morning at drop-off time at the elementary school, which found me chasing a rat dog through the halls after it had jumped from a car in the drop-off circle. Eventually, it was caught and returned to the owner. Said owner's young first grader son was in hysterics, worried that said rat dog had been hit by a car. I spent quality time calming him down, drying his tears and making sure he was good to go.
8. Now, had it been a real dog, maybe none of this would have happened.
9. Kidding! As I assured Daughter just the other day, if she gets a small dog when she's older and "treats it like a dog," as she says, yes, I will like it.
10. But no costumes, 'k?
[Photo courtesy GoodHousekeeping.com.]