1. Thanks, Grocery Outlet cashier, for plugging in my birth date as 1/21/1949 when I was buying a 12-pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade.
2. Of course, after seeing that date on the receipt, I went home and drowned my sorrows by drinking all 12 in one sitting.
3. What? I could have. I'll have you know I managed 21 kamikazes on my 21st birthday. Yeah-huh. Sure did.
4. I don't remember much of my 21st year, though. You think there's a connection?
5. The new principal at the elementary school -- whoo-hoo no more interim co-principals to annoy the crap out of me -- has taken to sending out missives to all the parents via email.
6. Her latest: Thank you to those individuals who remember to pull all the way forward when picking up their children after school. I try to be outside as much as possible but I am focusing on student safety instead of monitoring traffic. When a car stops in front of the school, it backs everybody else up. If we all do our part, everyone will get in and out in a more timely fashion. Thank you for your support.
7. Of course! That's all we needed to solve the freakin' clusterf&*k known as the dreaded circle.
8. In other school news, one of the two or three top emotionally challenged kids at the school had a meltdown during lunch yesterday.
9. The cause of said meltdown? He was teasing a little first grade girl about her juice box with a photo of Clifford on it, calling her a baby and such, and bringing her to heaving sobs and tears.
10. When he was brought to task on it, he had a trantrum, refusing to budge and kicking over trash cans. "Ignore him," was the advice of the principal. Why didn't I think about that? Another problem solved.
[Photo courtesy eHow.com]
"So glad you were all able to be here. A little less excitement next time. Love all of you." I received that text from my Mom as...
Something is happening in my life right now that I waver between sharing and keeping to myself. And I say I waver only because I’m a firm be...
Another Sunday, another children's service at noon at church. Our church pastor is on a three-month sabbatical, so we have our assistant...