Technically, it's not the end of the world. I believe that doesn't happen for a couple more years.
What is this? This is the end of the hike we took with the Cub Scouts a couple of weeks ago. On a gorgeous sunny Sunday, we took the Tennessee Valley trail in the Marin Headlands. Am I blessed to live surrounded by such beauty?
I've got a few degrees to share, too, with a couple stemming from that hike. In the "I-tip-my-hat-to-my-fellow-human-beings-and-the-universe" category are:
351. On a hike with the Cub Scouts to the ends of the earth, we discovered many of us elderly folks were too chicken to traverse a tidal pool. To the rescue? First, a man who placed additional big ole rocks down so that a person could actually cross the rock bridge without getting her feet wet.
350. And then our very own Scouts stepped up to the plate and let those crossing the bridge who were still a bit fearful to hold onto their shoulders (or heads of some of the shorter Scouts). Now that’s the Scouting way I believe in.
349. Tidying up my desk area, I stumbled upon the registration renewal forms for the Jeep. A full 32 hours before I’d have been paying a 20% penalty. Go universe!
348. That cold sore from hell on my lip abated to just an annoying white scabby thing by the time I had to do a big presentation yesterday. The universe saw fit to have it bleed like a mofo the night before the presentation and later in the day after the presentation. But I didn’t gush like a horror flick victim during the presentation, so I’m counting that as a good thing!
12. And what have I done good in return? I called 911 when we happened upon a presumably drunk driver, weaving in and out of her lane, traveling back and forth across the highway, going super fast and then super slow at 1 o’clock in the afternoon.
"So glad you were all able to be here. A little less excitement next time. Love all of you." I received that text from my Mom as...
Something is happening in my life right now that I waver between sharing and keeping to myself. And I say I waver only because I’m a firm be...
Another Sunday, another children's service at noon at church. Our church pastor is on a three-month sabbatical, so we have our assistant...