Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Top Ten Reasons to go Get a Job
10. I can justify hiring a cleaning service.
9. Fewer parents at the kids' schools will hate me because I'm always yelling at their misbehaving shitty kids.
8. I will hate fewer parents at the school because I won't know in such detail all the shit they're pulling.
7. I can afford to send the kids to private school if the school district "leaders" keep acting like dumb f#$ks.
6. I'll have a built-in excuse as to why I can't volunteer to count money at the church every Monday.
5. My neighbor, Crazy Ed, will have to share his conspiracy theories with the retired folks nearby.
4. Fewer neighborhood kids will pop in to play at our pool. Or at least fewer will survive as no one will be keeping a paranoid eye on them.
3. My own kids will be able to experiment earlier with drugs without me noticing as quickly.
2. Pete will take on all of the cooking again.
1. We'll all have health care coverage that doesn't require one of us to sell a kidney to pay for it.
I can't remember when I first put up a protest sign on the freeway overpass near me. It must be going on two years now. It was seeing ...
Something is happening in my life right now that I waver between sharing and keeping to myself. And I say I waver only because I’m a firm be...
As an infant, we have the power to induce love and tenderness in the toughest of men and women. As a young child, we have the power to soar ...