Saturday, March 20, 2010
The Weekly Wonderings #147
1. I was reading a first-person account by a college student who happened upon a Tea Party event in southern Marin, and something he said struck me.
2. He said, "The movement appears fueled by a strong personal hatred of President Obama based largely on racism and ignorance."
3. I have to say that I remember just as many angry white people fueled by a strong personal hatred of President Bush.
4. And these same folks who spit vitriol now were spatting away throughout the Clinton years. (Or at last their parents and older brothers and sisters were.)
5. Speaking of Obama, we've got one day until the vote in the House.
6. Pete keeps pointing out to me the flaws in the health care reform bill.
7. And I keep acting like one of the millions of people fucked over by health insurers -- hey there, Blue Fucking Shield of California -- saying, "I don't care. Just get it passed."
8. Guess where I'll be tomorrow? Glued to my set.
9. As for today? Today, I'm going to be shuttling my dancing Girl Scout from dance performance to cookie booth sales.
10. Yum. Thin Mints. Definitely not a health food.
[Photo courtesy Newsday.]
"So glad you were all able to be here. A little less excitement next time. Love all of you." I received that text from my Mom as...
Something is happening in my life right now that I waver between sharing and keeping to myself. And I say I waver only because I’m a firm be...
Another Sunday, another children's service at noon at church. Our church pastor is on a three-month sabbatical, so we have our assistant...