Saturday, August 14, 2010
1. The kids will miss having bagels and pancakes and rice and eggs and Fruit Loops and Diet Coke every morning for breakfast. Well, at least they can still have Diet Coke.
2. Daughter was totally pleased with being treated like a princess every time we retrieved or dropped off the car. Eldest set her straight by saying, "It's called valet parking, dummy."
3. It's been the coldest summer in Marin County in 60 years. The house is 10 degrees colder than the AC was set at in the hotel room. Damn global warming.
4. While Daughter plunked down her spending money on swimming with a dolphin, both boys never really found anything they wanted to buy. That doesn't count the fact that Youngest wanted and was denied both a ukulele and a drum.
5. Eldest really isn't much of a sand guy. Or a beach guy. Or a sun guy. Or a guy who will be coming with us on our next vacation.
6. I think we're titling our vacation as "The Bickerers Take it to the Tropics."
7. It is never quiet in Waikiki Beach. Except Sunday mornings at about 3 o'clock. Other than that, it is in constant motion.
8. Flip flops are not appropriate footwear for climbing Diamond Head. We are grateful that only the heartiest of the three children came with us for the hike.
9. In the end, cold as it might be, there is no place like home. At least when you've got children.
I mentioned to Eldest the other night that I had a fairly wide open day Friday. Writer that he is, he wondered if I would perhaps like a wri...
As an infant, we have the power to induce love and tenderness in the toughest of men and women. As a young child, we have the power to soar ...
I have a very good friend who is making a pilgrimage to Medjugorje. She is a fervent believer that the Virgin Mary appeared to six kids in 1...