1. After Daughter's boyfriend came to watch her dance recital last night, I told her that he was definitely a keeper.
2. Frankly, any 13-year-old boy who would have his mother drive him to an auditorium 20 minutes from home so he could sit by himself and watch a two-hour dance recital is a fine lad in my book.
3. Their five-week anniversary is on Tuesday. Maybe by the time of their 10-week anniversary they actually will have been to each other's houses or hung out outside of school.
4. Two weeks from today, we will arrive in merry ole England on our 3-week vacation. The amount of stress I feel in getting to that point is far too high to ever be alleviated by the vacation itself.
5. As any parent knows, there's no such thing as relaxing on a vacation if you've made the error of bringing the kids along.
6. Of course, I'll also still be working while I'm there, seeing as my major project is in the just-launched phase and not yet on auto-pilot. Nothing says "vacation" like a laptop and wi-fi connection.
7. Spending all day yesterday at two dance recitals and killing time in between is going to seem like a breeze given my duty today: driving to Sacramento with Youngest for his three soccer matches.
8. Did I mention rain?
9. Did I mention I'm regretting not encouraging him to excel at baseball instead, a wussy game that is never played in the rain?
10. Save your hate mail countering my allegation of the wussiness that is baseball for another time. Like a time when I am dry.