1. Nothing says more about the elementary school principal than her own introduction at the first PTA meeting of the year. "I have a husband and two dogs."
2. Why, yes, I am implying -- and you should be inferring -- that she isn't maternal in any sense.
3. You are also free to infer that she is also unable to relate to parents.
4. Speaking of the elementary school, there is a Parent Agreement everyone needs to sign with loads of rules and such. The last item is "Respect student confidentiality and not discuss matters observed in the classroom, on the yard, or in other school settings."
5. Seeing as I get many of my inspirations from precisely the goings-on at the school, I crossed it off before signing and wrote, "Please be more specific. I will not discuss what happens in the classroom."
6. Gee, I hope that doesn't get me banned from the school.
7. Two of my three kids are not happy with their lot in school, and both are fixating on how it is now.
8. I've tried telling them they are like a dog with a cone on its head: woe is me, life will be like this the rest of my life.
9. I should probably go dig Corrie's old cone out and make each wear it when they start in on me again.
10. My kids are truly very good kids. They deserve a far more sympathetic mother than they have.
A couple of months ago, I saw a client I hadn't seen for a number of months. Like more than a dozen people have in the recent past, she ...
I have a very good friend who is making a pilgrimage to Medjugorje. She is a fervent believer that the Virgin Mary appeared to six kids in 1...
Something is happening in my life right now that I waver between sharing and keeping to myself. And I say I waver only because I’m a firm be...